Saturday, May 26, 2012

some nights

I like pop music.
Not because of the great family-friendly messages that it brings, but because of the beat.
The beat gets me hooked and even super ridiculous songs like "Call Me Maybe" get stuck in my head for weeks.
But the best thing is when there's a catchy song out there that also has a couple good lines that really make you think.

For example:
Bonnie at Learning to be a Newlywed introduced me (and many others, I'm sure) to one of Fun.'s songs Some Nights. I freaking love this song.
ok, yeah...some of the lyrics aren't so great and/or don't make sense...

Some nights I wish that my lips could build a castle 
Some nights I wish they'd just fall off

......huh???

But then there's the main line:

Oh Lord, I'm still not sure what I stand for oh
What do I stand for? What do I stand for?

And I love that.

I feel that this so perfectly describes our society today, myself included at times.
What do I stand for?
It's a good question to ask.
And I'm not answering it right now...maybe another time.
But think about it.

What do YOU stand for?



1 comment:

  1. i agree with u to a certain extent about that song some nights, i really like the beat and rhythm of it, but when i had a look at the lyrics, it look like a whole bunch of random lines put together haha

    ReplyDelete

Be my friend and leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...