Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pinterest Review: DIY Thyme and ACV Toner


Like I've said before, I'll try pretty much any kind of skin care remedy out there. After years of testing different products for my oily and acne-prone skin, I love it when I come across a DIY recipe that could not only save me money, but also be better for my skin!

I came across this recipe for a DIY Thyme and Apple Cider Vinegar Toner, another project from Delighted Momma. This toner is said to help clear skin better than benzoyl peroxide...whaa? Yes please let me try this!

So I got my thyme and I got my Apple Cider Vinegar and I heated and mixed...

 

And I strained (using the mini strainer that I used to make my hippie coffee) and poured into an old hotel shampoo bottle...


And then I tried it on my skin.

I'm sure that everything they say about thyme being better than benzoyl peroxide is perfectly true....but let me make a couple observations about this particular toner:

1. The smell of ACV is wayyyyy strong. Like, so-strong-I-had-to-air-out-my-entire-house strong.
2. Also, I hate the smell of vinegar....
3. ...thus I HATED my face smelling like ACV.

So it's fair to say that I was not a fan of this particular DIY....maybe there's another liquid I could use instead of ACV? It might be completely fine for other less babyish peeps, but I'll be the first to admit that I'm a baby. Totes.

Any suggestions? Has anyone else used this and had success? I'd love to know if it was worth the smell...but at this point, all it's going to benefit is my compost pile :)

xo, Morgan

3 comments:

  1. So interesting... I don't know if I would like that either.

    I need all the help I can get with my face, too! So, let me know what you find that's helpful!

    PS. I am not ignoring your last email. I WILL write back... hopefully later today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also heard about the benefits of thyme compared to benzoyl peroxide and was really intrigued. I found a great article at http://www.crunchybetty.com/thyme-to-control-blemishes-and-acne that has a recipe for a thyme toner that only involves thyme and witch hazel, and it has worked really well for me. It smells slightly like spaghetti at first but the scent wears off. Since I have used it, my acne has gotten significantly better, and I'm really impressed with the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OooOoOOooo! Witch hazel! I don't know why I didn't think of that sooner! Thanks for the tip! :)

      Delete

Be my friend and leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...