Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Not Alone Series: challenge ACCEPTED!

Hello hello!
This week we are talking about what challenge we...challenged....ourselves to complete.


So when this was first presented, I really had no idea what I was going to do. A couple of suggestions were to join Catholic Match or if you feel called to religious life, talk to a sister....something to help you along the road to your vocation.

Well, as you likely already know, I feel very strongly called to married life. And I'm single, so at first I thought of maybe joining Catholic Match. Seemed like an easy option.
I'll be honest, there was a time when I thought that joining a dating website was really desperate. Or something that I would only consider if I was 45 and single.
While I no longer have that attitude and see online dating as a perfectly fine option (and am actually open to it), I had this feeling of hesitation.
It no longer came from the "ahh no way am I doing that, that's tooootally desperate" feeling, but rather a "oh my gosh I don't want to do that. what if someone actually wants to take me on a date?! I don't want that right now!!!"

Woah.
Never had those thoughts before.

So, following what my heart was telling me, I decided to choose a challenge that would help me to prepare for my vocation. After all, we should always be aiming to prepare for the future, yeah? Good habits don't come along with a marriage certificate.

I'm not sure how much I've talked about this, but I really hate exercise. And I also really love food.
Neither of those traits are death-sentences, but I've been trying to get myself to live a healthier lifestyle. Plus I know that when I get married and have kids that I want to already have that in place so that my family will be healthy.
So, I decided that my challenge would be to workout more.
Super vague, I know, and honesty hour: I failed.
Like big time. Like, I worked out once.
BUT like Britt, I'm resolving to do these this from now on.
AND since you all know about it now, I feel more pressure to follow through :)

So, I'm challenging myself to exercise every day.
Even if all that means is that I take a walk around my neighborhood after work.
OR maybe I get up a half hour earlier than usual to hang out with Jillian Michaels.
It's going to take determination and discipline, but I know I can do it....I just have to do it, ya know?

Soooooo what did you challenge yourself to do? Or what are you challenging yourself to do in the future?
Link-up over at Jen's!

----------------

Next week's topic:
What is Love in Friendship?
What is Love? More specifically, what is Love within Friendship?
How do you Love your friends? How is this different from a romantic relationship? Is it different?
Interpret as you will....

Thank you to everyone who sent us topic suggestions! Here are the next few topics!

8/27: Survey of Sorts - let's get to know one another better!
Britt had the idea to do an email-chain type of survey to get to know one another better! Below are the questions to answer...we might add more, so stay tuned next week for edits! :)

1. Age
2. Area of country (be as specific or vague as your comfort levels allow :)
3. # of previous relationships (....as in, at least "FB official")
4. What do you do with your life? School? Work? Both? Neither?
5. What's your family like? (let's see some pics!)
6. Confirmation saint name and why (if you were Catholic at that point in your journey)
7. Favorite Gospel?
8. What are the top three qualities you're looking for in a husband? (who knows, maybe one of us has a cousin or friend to connect you with! ;)
9. If you've done online dating, do you have any advice or experiences to share?
10. Tweetable single-lady advice (140 characters or less of what you'd say to other single ladies)

8/6: Peace
Where do you find it and how do you keep it?
(inspired by Jen's Follow the Peace post)

8/13: Should/can women pursue men?
What do you think? Any and all perspectives welcome!!!

Please email Jen or email me with your topic suggestions, questions, comments, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Love your challenge, good luck with starting and keeping up with it.

    Good habits don't come along with a marriage certificate. - I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post! Glad to see someone else in the "challenge is not over" phase. :) I, too, want to get back into my exercise routine. No excuses. Play like a champion. Play...that is a valid form of exercise! :)

    ReplyDelete

Be my friend and leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...